Dan Clark Audio Gives Their Entry-Level Planar Magnetic Cans An Upgrade!
Today, Dan Clark Audio, purveyors of fine Planar Magnetic Headphones, unveiled the latest version of their fan-favorite ÆON 2 headphones. Dubbed the ÆON 2 Noire, this new headphone is based on the ÆON 2 Closed, utilizing the same lightweight folding frame (carbon fiber, aluminum) and internals (TrueFlow Proprietary Driver).
With the Noire variant, you get a new all-black finish for a fresh look and perforated ear pads, which creates a new sound signature. DCA says the ÆON 2 Noire has a richer bass, a livelier top end, and more air in the mids than the original ÆON 2.
The $899.99 ÆON 2 Noire (On sale for $764.99 as of this writing) is now available for pre-order at https://www.danclarkaudio.com. Product ships at the end of the month.
Specs and Pics:
- Driver: 62mm x 34mm single-ended planar magnetic
- Driver matching: +/-2dB to target curve, channel matched to 0.5dB weighted 30-8KHz
- THD: less than 0.3% 20-20KHz, 0.1% 100-8KHz
- Headband: Nickel-Titanium (Nitinol) memory metal
- Baffle: Carbon Fiber
- Earpads: Japanese Synthetic Protein Leather