After several days of product teases via their Social Media accounts, Shanling Audio unveiled several new products yesterday, including their very first android based digital audio player, the M6. Along with the M6, they also took the wraps off the UP4 Balanced Bluetooth Headphone amp and the ME700 In-Ear Monitor which features five drivers per side.
All three devices have interesting specs and are scheduled to arrive in stores this fall. Several sites are claiming the M6 will be released by the end of the month, and it will sell for $499 USD. That price is competitive when compared to similar devices from HiBy and Fiio.
Here are some details and specs courtesy of Shanling:
Introducing Shanling M6, our first Android-based player.
– Full open Android OS, allowing installation of any third-party app
– Customized Android, avoiding any problems and sound degradation caused by Android’s SRC
– Newly developed Shanling Music app as the stock music player
– Support up to 32bit / 768 kHz and DSD128
– Octa-core Snapdragon 430 CPU
– 4 GB RAM + 32 GB ROM
– Dual AK4495SEQ, with both DACs working even in Single-Ended mode
– Both 2.5mm and 4.4 mm balanced connectors
– 4.7inch Sharp IPS HD screen
– 4000 mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
– Battery life up to 12 (SE) / 9 (Balanced) hours
– Bluetooth 4.2 with support of LDAC, LHDC, aptX HD, aptX, SBC.
– Bluetooth receiver mode supporting LDAC and SBC
– Output power 143 mW@32ohm Single-Ended, 330 mW@32ohm Balanced
– 135.5 x 68.5 x 17 mm, 220g
Available during fall 2019 for 499 USD/EURO
Introducing Shanling UP4, extra powerful, balanced Bluetooth Amplifier.
– Dual ES9218P DAC/AMP
– 3.5mm Single-ended and 2.5mm balanced output
– High gain / low gain / Dual DAC mode
– 91 mW@32Ohm Single-Ended and 160 mW@32Ohm Balanced output
– NFC pairing
– Bluetooth 5.0 Qualcomm CSR8675 chip
– Supports LDAC, HWA LHDC, aptX HD, aptX Low Latency, aptX, AAC and SBC codecs
– Thin and sleek design for your pocket, comes with an additional case with clip
– Multifunctional wheel for total control over playback and calls
– Built-in microphone for phone calls and voice assistants
– Can be connected to a computer to serve as USB DAC
– Battery life up to 15 (SE) / 10 (H) hours
Available during fall 2019
Introducing Shanling ME700, our flagship five driver hybrid earphones.
– 10mm gold-plated dynamic driver
– Dual Knowles balanced armature & Dual custom balanced armature drivers
– 3D printed acrylic shell
– Cultured marble faceplate
– Premium MMCX connectors
– Balanced 6N Neotech silver cable with 2.5mm connector with 3.5mm and 4.4mm adapters
– Sensitivity 106 dB, impedance 18 Ohm
Available during fall 2019
I’m an audio writer who started as a young audio salesman/consumer electronics professional back in the late 90s. That’s where I discovered the magic of 2-Channel sound. My thirst for great sound has led me on a delightful music quest that continues today.