Check Out This Week’s Best Sounding New Music Releases!
Every #NewMusicFriday, we pick a bunch of the best-sounding new albums so you can get your audiophile music fix!… As usual, it’s a very eclectic mix (Albums are arranged with more traditional audiophile genres like Jazz and Blues at the top and the non-traditional audiophile stuff towards the bottom). Check out the TIDAL streams below!
Album of the week: Kokoroko -“Could We Be More”
Could We Be More is an expansive and ambitious album that speaks to the force of Kokoroko. Each song possesses the energy which so naturally underpins the heartbeat of Kokoroko’s identity – deftly moving through afrobeat, highlife, soul, and funk across the album’s 15 tracks and taking inspiration from a plethora of other influences from within the West-African and Caribbean communities that the band grew up listening to – the album gifts the listener feelings of homecoming and joy.
1. Kokoroko -“Could We Be More”
2. Billy Drummond & Freedom Of Ideas -“Valse Sinistre”
3. Mike Bono -“Other Worlds”
4. Sally Seltmann -“Early Moon”
5. Various Artists -“Something Borrowed, Something New: A Tribute to John Anderson”
6. Tim Bowness- “Butterfly Mind”
7. Heavy Gus- “Notions”
8. Meridian Brothers & El Grupo Renacimiento -“La Policia”
9. The Movers- “The Movers-Vol. 1 – 1970-1976 (Analog Africa No. 35) ”
10. Jay Worthy & Harry Fraud – “You Take The Credit, We’ll Take The Check”
Hifitrends is reader-supported. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I’m an audio writer who started as a young audio salesman/consumer electronics professional back in the late 90s. That’s where I discovered the magic of 2-Channel sound. My hunger for great sound has led me on a delightful music quest that continues today.