Discover the impressive features and advancements of Meze Audio’s Empyrean II, the next-generation planar magnetic headphones.
Today, Meze Audio is introducing the Empyrean II, a technologically advanced planar magnetic headphone that builds upon the success of the original Empyrean design. The Empyrean II features a brand new enhanced Isodynamic Hybrid Array driver design from Rinaro Isodynamics, delivering improved performance and a more neutral sound signature over the original.
The Empyrean II boasts a sleek black matte finish with silver accents and a redesigned aluminum grille inspired by art deco artistry, showcasing Meze Audio’s commitment to blending classic aesthetics with modern sophistication. It’s also designed for comfort, with a lightweight structure that adapts to the shape of the user’s head.
In addition, it comes with two sets of earpads – the Duo Earpads, made from a blend of premium leather and Alcantara for a harmonious tonal balance, and the Angled Alcantara Earpads, which excel at rendering intricate details and nuances in recordings.
Once again, the Empyrean II is probably the most beautiful headphone on the market right now, with the Focal headphones being their main competition. If they truly have a more balanced sound signature than the original, then we may have a real classic here! We hope to get our ears on these soon!
The Empyrean II is available for pre-order today, November 8th, at a retail price of $2999.
- Driver Type: Rinaro Isodynamic Hybrid Array Driver
- Enclosure: Open-back
- Ear Coupling: Circumaural
- Frequency Response: 8 – 110,000 Hz
- Impedance: 32 Ω
- Sensitivity: 105 dB
- SPL @ 1 kHz, 1 V
- Maximum SPL: > Maximum SPL – >130 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: (THD)<0.05% @ 1 kHz, 1 V
- Weight: 385 g (without earpads)
- Case: High-strength ABS plastic suitcase with foam inserts and leather handle
- Two sets of earpads included: Duo + Angled Alcantara
- Cable type: Premium Silver-plated or Copper PCUHD
- Connector type: 2.5 mm, 3.5 mm (1/8 in), 4.4 mm, 6.3 mm (1/4 in), 4 pin XLR
Hifitrends is reader-supported. We may earn an affiliate commission when you purchase through links on our site.