Are you looking for the best speaker for your vinyl record player? Whether listening to music on a treasured old turntable or a sleek new model, a nice powered speaker system will allow you to get good sound from your record player with little fuss.
There’s a wide variety of powered speaker systems with built-in phono preamps (which amplify the low-level signal from a turntable) that make setting up your system quick and easy. With powered speakers, there’s no need for a separate amplifier, so you just plug in your turntable, and you’re ready to go.
Here are the top budget speakers for vinyl record players based on our research!
Here’s a shortlist of the Best (Budget) Speaker For Record Players:
- Best Compact Speaker: Andover Audio Spinbase Turntable Speaker System ($299)
- Best Overall: Kanto TUK Powered Speakers ($899)
- Best Value: PSB Alpha AM3 Powered Bookshelf Speakers ($549)
Best Compact Speaker For Record Player: Andover Audio Spinbase Turntable Speaker System ($299)
If you’re looking for the best speakers to use with your vinyl records, you’ll need to consider how much space you have available. If the answer is “very little, ” you should check out the Andover Audio Spinbase Turntable Speaker System.
This compact all-in-one audio system features four speaker drivers, designed to emit a sizeable 270º sound stage via DSP. No matter where you are in front of the speaker, you will get full, rich stereo sound. In addition, Andover’s IsoGroove Technology lets you sit the turntable right on top of the speaker without any feedback, saving even more space. Some folks may want a little more bass, but Andover has a matching subwoofer if that’s an issue. (Read our full review)
- Built-In Phono Pre-Amp / Bluetooth / Phono Input / Line Input / Headphone Out
- Bass + Treble EQ Controls / Ceramic Cartridge Switch
- Class D Amplification / 18W RMS per channel / Frequency Range: 60hZ-20kHz
- Dimensions: 18” x 13.5” x 3.25” Weight: 11 lbs.
Buy: Andover Audio
Best Overall: Kanto TUK Powered Speakers ($899)
The Kanto TUK Powered Speakers feature advanced driver technology to play bigger than their size, making them ideal for any room with limited space. The high-performance AMT tweeters deliver accurate highs, while their high-rigidity aluminum woofers provide remarkable dynamics while reducing distortion at higher volumes. Their wide horizontal dispersion also offers improved stereo imaging and soundstage. (Read our full review)
- Air Motion Transformer (AMT) tweeter
- 5-1/4″ aluminum woofer
- bass-reflex (ported) cabinet
- frequency response: 40-20,000 Hz
- 130 watt Class D amplifier
- built-in phono preamp
- Bluetooth 4.2 with aptX-HD audio codec for CD-Quality sound
- integrated digital signal processing (DSP) optimizes audio quality
- built-in USB DAC supports sound from a laptop
- active low-pass filter sends sub-bass frequencies to a connected subwoofer
Best Value Speaker For Record Player : PSB Alpha AM3 Powered Bookshelf Speakers ($549)
If you’re looking for the best speakers in terms of value, these PSB Alpha AM3 Powered Bookshelf Speakers are perfect for you. They offer high-quality sound with an excellent bass response for their size and powerful mid-range tones, which are remarkably organic. Paul Barton, the founder of PSB Speakers, designed them, and he’s an absolute hi-fi legend.
- 35 watts RMS per speaker
- 4″ polypropylene woofer
- 3/4″ aluminum ferrofluid-cooled dome tweeter
- bass-reflex (ported) design
- Bluetooth with aptX audio codec
- frequency response: 56-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- selectable sound modes for prioritizing dialogue or musical soundstage
- remote control included
Hifitrends is reader-supported. We may earn an affiliate commission when you purchase through links on our site. Prices are subject to change at any time.
I’m an audio writer who started as a young audio salesman/consumer electronics professional back in the late 90s. That’s where I discovered the magic of 2-Channel sound. My hunger for great sound has led me on a delightful music quest that continues today.