Check Out This Week’s Best Sounding New Music Releases!
Every #NewMusicFriday, we pick a bunch of the best-sounding new albums so you can get your audiophile music fix!… As usual, it’s a very eclectic mix (Albums are arranged with more traditional audiophile genres like Jazz and Blues at the top and the non-traditional audiophile stuff towards the bottom). Check out the TIDAL streams below!
Album of the week: Early James- “Strange Time To Be Alive”
Alabama’s native son, Early James, returns with his sophomore album, Strange Time To Be Alive. The lyrical wordsmith conjures the ghosts of great southern gothic writers from Eudora Welty to William Faulkner, while channeling the haunted spirits of Tom Waits and Townes Van Zandt. The album evokes a timeless amalgam of forsaken blues, folk, and Tin Pan Alley crooning, anchored by his unmistakable voice that sways from gravel-filled shouts to pained, forlorn whispers.
1. Barre Phillips & György Kurtág -“Face à Face”
2. Parallel East -“Mantra”
3. Szun Waves -“Earth Patterns”
4. Terence Etc. -“Vortex”
5. Noriko Miyamoto & Isao Suzuki -“Push”
6. Early James- “Strange Time To Be Alive”
7. Shemekia Copeland- “Done Come Too Far”
8. Franklin Gothic -“Into The Light”
9. The Mountain Goats – “Bleed Out ”
10. Larry June – “Spaceships on the Blade”
Hifitrends is reader-supported. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.